Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Topsail Island 2009!

Last week our family went to Topsail Island in NC with the Schultz's. It was so much fun! I know, I know, I put up too many pictures. Although really compared to the amount we took.....

Anyway, we drove down on Saturday and met up with the Schultz's at the beach house. The weather was gorgeous, no rain or cloudy days! The water was warm and the sand was perfect for sandcastles!


Saturday night us girls went out to the beach in the dark with our camping lantern.



We celebrated Nate's 8th birthday on Saturday night after dinner. Happy B-day Nate!


Walking along the beach...


Chilling in the game/attic/girls room.


Aunt Cathy loves to read on the beach.



Looking at shells...


Playing Apples to Apples


Clouds....


Nate, Max and Ben.


Sunset



Benny...



We caught a crab one day, Nate bravely held it!



Blowing bubbles...


Rose and Max played along the beach together.



My mom brought along a little bubble kiddie pool which we would fill with only an in. of water. Ben loved it!


Max and my Mom playing Chinese Checkers:



Swimming:


A very impressive sandcastle!


Rose fell asleep on the beach on day:


Grammy enjoyed the view from the deck: (Our house is the one on the right side)



Ben and Rose loved splashing in the water!


Playing:


The house had a nice sized dinning/living/kitchen area. We all fit comfortably!


Wednesday morning I woke up early with my brothers and we took a walk along the beach as the sun rose.


Watching another sandcastle being destroyed by the waves.



Building yet another sandcastle:


Ben loved blowing bubbles:


Storm clouds, although we never got the storm:


Defending another sandcastle:


All the cousins:


The picture at the top of the blog is of our whole family on the beach! We had an amazing time. It was so nice.

4 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

What a FUN TRIP!!!! I am so happy for you that you had such a lovely week. It brings back such fond memories of when we used to vacation in Topsail Island years ago. It is such a wonderful place.

papa said...

Great pictures. I loved them all but the last one with all the cousins stood out to me. Max looked so serious. Like a reallt scurvy Pirate LOL

I know you all had a ghreat time. What a blessing. I love Topsail too.

Papa

papa said...

OK. So once again I proved my typing is terrible. Sorry. To translate, reallt = really and ghreat = great. Anyway, I guess you all understood.

The sunsets and sunrises at Topsail are spectacular too!!!!!

The Schultz Family said...

Wow, these are fabulous pictures! Wasn't it a fun week?! Nice work, Mary Kate. Oh, and tell your mom that she was much smarter than me - she remembered to take a picture of your whole family at the beach. (I love it, by the way!) We got one of the Schultz kids (it's on our blog now) and one of the Schultz parents, but not one of us all together. Silly me!

We love and miss you guys!!